Each restaurant has their own unique taste and vacation is the best time to try new dining experiences. They also have some of the best locations in the Myrtle Beach area. Please do not hesitant to ask the staff of The Strand Resort of additional information, and well as setting up reservations. Let your taste buds explore Myrtle Beach. Here are a list of 5 must try restaurants pick just for our guest:
* ART Burger Sushi Bar: The name pretty much sums up the many offerings at this restaurant, which brings together an eclectic collection of seemingly unrelated favorites. Yes, there is lots of local art displayed on the walls of this oceanfront hot spot, and it serves tasty burgers and sushi to satisfy groups with diverse tastes. The bar offers a wide selection of craft cocktails, including frozen drinks from a liquid-nitrogen blender. The outdoor patio overlooks the ocean and the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk — so it’s a great place to enjoy drinks, ocean views and people-watching.
* Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville: “The Son of a Son of a Sailor” himself inspired this tropical oasis at Broadway at the Beach. Like the mythical town that serves as the namesake of this restaurant and bar, Margaritaville offers lots of frozen concoctions to help you hang on, as well as excellent Caribbean cuisine. The centerpiece is a giant blender that issues hurricane warnings every half-hour, and Key West-style entertainers rove the bar on stilts and making balloon animals. The outdoor patio deck overlooks Lake Broadway and features live music during the warmer months.
* Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse: Imagine an all-you-can-eat buffet that comes to you. That's the Brazilian-style service offered by this Broadway at the Beach restaurant that you can find by simply following your nose to the aroma of flame-grilled meats, seafood and veggies. “Gauchos” roam the dining area from table to table to carve off generous portions of spiced lamb, beef, pork, seafood, peppers and more. Each table has a green and red sign so you can signal whether you want mas or no mas. A massive garden bar features salads, soups and sushi … if you’re not too stuffed to comfortably walk there. Be sure to flip your sign to red before you go, or you may return to find even more meat on your table.
* Sea Captain's House: Built in 1930 as a vacation cottage and serving as a guesthouse in the 1950s, the building was later converted into a restaurant and has remained so for half a century by popular demand. Famous for its bountiful seafood platters and Southern seafood classics like shrimp and grits and she-crab soup, Sea Captain's House offers an ocean view in a historical setting.
* The Chemist: There's always something interesting being cooked up at this science lab for cocktails and culinary creations in the downtown district. This unique concept features chefs and mixologists in lab coats concocting creative dishes and colorful potions, like the Buck Rabbit fondue dish that includes Guinness cheddar cheese, wilted spinach, Tabasco caviar and an over-easy quail egg — all washed down with a craft cocktail served straight from a test tube.
After all this food relax, take a nap, from the comfort of your room here at The Strand Resort. Offering ocean views, unmatched amenities and true hospitality, The Strand is the place to stay for people with good taste.