Get to the Beach Quicker With New Direct Flights
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina has long been a popular vacation destination for road travelers. Now the Grand Strand is becoming a great place to land.
The Myrtle Beach International Airport has been expanding and becoming a popular destination for new airlines. If you want to get to The Strand Resort quicker so you can spend more time on the beach, check out these options and book one today!
• Allegiant Airlines: Traveling to Myrtle Beach from destinations like Flint (MI), Kansas City (MO), Louisville (KY) and Nashville (TN) is now a snap thanks to this budget airlines' recent expansion of service. Beginning in June, Allegiant is offering direct flights from these destinations to Myrtle Beach without the hassle or time delays of connecting flights. The trio of cities brings Allegiant's total number of non-stop flights to MYR to 18, joining Allentown (PA), Bellville (IL), Cincinnati (OH), Clarksburg (WV), Cleveland (OH), Columbus (OH), Dayton (OH), Fort Wayne (IN), Harrisburg (PA), Huntington (WV), Indianapolis (IN), Lexington (KY), Newbergh (NY), Pittsburgh (PA), and Syracuse (NY).
• American Airlines: This major airline is making its presence known on the Grand Strand. In addition to the five existing flights from major hubs like Charlotte (NC), Chicago (IL), New York (NY), Philadelphia (PA), Washington (DC), American is adding Dallas-Fort Worth beginning in April. The weekly flights runs each Saturday, the perfect time to start and end a vacation getaway to Myrtle Beach.
• Elite Airlines: New to the Myrtle Beach market, Elite specializes in air travel on the Eastern Seaboard. The budget airline now offers those residents an easy escape route to the Grand Strand with direct flights from Albany (NY), Newport News (VA) and White Plains (NY) starting in April.
• Frontier Airlines: This airline is a new addition to the Myrtle Beach lineup and opens some new possibilities for previously unserved and underserved markets. Beginning in May, Frontier offers direct service from Ipslip-Long Island (NY), Providence (RI), and Trenton (NJ), as well as a non-stop flight from half a continent away with Denver (CO).
• Spirit Airlines: Spirit already has a long list of non-stop flights from more than a dozen U.S. cities, and now the budget airline is adding even more markets. Beginning in April, Spirit is providing direct service from major hubs Dallas-Fort Worth (TX) and Minneapolis-St. Paul (MN). Those flights buttress an already impressive list of direct flights to and from Akron (OH), Atlantic City (NJ), Baltimore (MD), Boston (MA), Charleston (WV), Chicago (IL), Cleveland (OH), Columbus (OH), Dallas (TX), Detroit (MI), Fort Lauderdale (FL), Hartford (CT), Latrobe (PA), Minneapolis-St. Paul (MN), New York (NY), Niagara Falls (NY), and Plattsburg (NY).
• Sun County Airlines: This budget airline touches down in Myrtle Beach for the first time in April with a direct flight from Minneapolis-St. Paul starting in April.
This list doesn't include other direct-flight carriers to Myrtle Beach, such as Delta Airlines (Atlanta, Boston, Detroit and New York); Porter Airlines (Toronto); United Airlines (Chicago, Newark) and WestJet (Minneapolis-St. Paul).
So book your flight to Myrtle Beach and book your room at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort for the ultimate Myrtle Beach giveaway