Fresh-Baked Goods for your Holiday Vacation to Myrtle Beach
Everyone has a childhood memory of the holidays with family. One of the sweetest is the tasty treats grandma used to make. Don't worry, we don't want you to work hard on your family vacation to The Strand Resort, so we put together a list of some of the top bakeries in the area you might want to try.
* Croissants Bistro & Bakery: Located a little over a mile from The Strand Resort, this European-style bakery has all the Old World classics for Christmas as well as all the American favorites. The German chocolate cake and assortment of holiday-themed baked goods make this place a must-stop on your holiday shopping list.
* Crumb Buns Bakery: It's a bit longer drive up to North Myrtle Beach for baked goods, but folks swear that this place makes the best bear claws in town, making it worth the trip. If you find yourself shopping at Barefoot Landing or Tanger Outlets North, do yourself a favor and swing by Crumb Buns to pick up some treats for the road.
* Dulce Bakery: Everyone has their own family-favorite holiday treats, many of them family recipes that have been passed down over the years. There's a good chance Dulce Bakery will have something akin to those treasured treats. With more than 50 types of international pastries available plus special orders, this downtown bakery really hits the spot.
* Johnny D's Waffles & Bakery: Longtime guests at The Strand Resort have discovered this little honey hole a few blocks north of the resort. Known for its delicious breakfast and lunch menus, Johnny D's also has an in-house bakery counter filled with tasty treats for the holidays.
* Sweetgrass Bakery & Cafe: Tucked away on the north end of town, this tiny bakery and cafe serves some big flavors with a variety of house-made cheesecakes, cupcakes and cookies. If you are in the market for a full cake or pie to feed a crowd, this place's fare will keep them quiet and happy.
* Toffino's Italian Bakery & Deli: Visitors of Italian descent often long for the Old World holiday treats they grew up with, such as cannolis or tiramisu. Many eventually find their way to The Market Common area for Toffino's, which packs its bakery counter with Christmas favorites for the holidays.
A stop at a local bakery during your Myrtle Beach vacation is an easy and tasty way to celebrate the season and make your holiday stay at The Strand Resort even sweeter.