Listed below is a list of frequently asked questions by our guests at The Strand. If you do not find the answer here, feel free to contact us at [email protected]:
* What tax rate can I expect to pay? Guests can expect to pay 12% taxes.
* What is included in the resort fee? The Strand's resort fee includes: Parking, Local and Toll-Free Calls, Internet Access, Wrist Bands for Pool Access, use of Pool Towels and Poolside Entertainment (In Season)
* Do I need a credit card to check in? Guests must pay with either a major credit card or provide a cash deposit.
* Is there a surcharge to use my credit card? No, we do not require a surcharge for guests to use credit cards for payment.
* What time is check-in and checkout? Guests can check in as early as 3 p.m. and must check out by 11 a.m.
* Is it possible to check in early? Can we use the facilities before check in? Early check-in is possible based on availability. Guests are able to make use of the facilities before check-in by registering at the front desk upon arrival.
* Do you accommodate late checkout? We accommodate late checkout when available. Late checkout fees may apply.
* How do I edit my reservation? Guests may edit their reservations by calling the hotel reservations department at 855-861-9550.
* How far away is the airport form the resort? The airport is 4.5 miles from the resort (approx. a 12-minute drive).
* Is there a shuttle to and from the airport? Yes, we do provide a shuttle. Reservations are encouraged.
* Is there a shuttle available to the local attractions? No, but guests can catch the Coast RTA shuttle nearby on Ocean Drive, and taxis are available upon request.
* Is Wi-Fi available? Yes, we provide free wireless Internet throughout the resort.
* What are the restaurants at the resort? The Market Restaurant is located on site and the Strand Bar offers drinks and a limited menu. The sister resort, The Breakers, also has Papa's Restaurant and The Rusty Reel Restaurant & Bar on the premises. The Strand is also walking distance to several top local restaurants and bars.
* What amenities are offered to guests? Our amenities include free Wi-Fi, unlimited DVD rentals, pools and a fitness room. Guests are also welcome to use the amenities at The Breakers, including indoor/outdoor pools, pirate ship splash zone for kids, restaurants and a Golf & Entertainment shop.
* What is the cancellation policy? Guests who cancel 15 days or more prior to an arrival date will be charged a 10 percent cancellation fee. However, cancellations within 14 days or fewer of the arrival date and the room deposit is non-refundable.
* What are the pool hours? All amenities open daily at 9 a.m., and the pools and exercise room close at 11 p.m.
* Do you provide onsite parking? Yes, parking is included for all guests in our covered garage located across the street. Parking passes are required for onsite parking and will be issued at check-in. Over-sized vehicles and trailers may not be accommodated.
* How many parking passes are allotted per room? Parking passes are restricted to one per bedroom. One parking pass is issued for 1 bedroom condos and smaller and two parking passes are issued for 2 bedroom condos and larger.
* Do you offer discounts to area attractions? We offer discounts for the following attractions: Medieval Times, Pirates Voyage, Ripley’s Aquarium, Carolina Opry and Alabama Theater. Your Sun Fun Rewards package also includes free passes to some of these attractions and more.
* Do you offer discounts and savings with golf packages? Yes, we have over 30 years experiences helping our guests build value-based golf packages. We offer the best in pricing and services for all Myrtle Beach area golf courses.
* What is the damage waiver fee? What is included and not included? The damage waiver fee is $29.95, including any non-malicious damage. Malicious intent damage is not included.