Head into North Carolina about 2 hours drive toward Southport where you will catch a 20 minute ferry to Bald Head Island.
– Located at the inlet between the Cape Fear River and the Atlantic Ocean. Starting off by parking your car for the day and buying your round-trip ferry ticket for $24.95. Here is a great way to spend your day trip to Bald Head Island.
– First purchase your round-trip ferry ticket, $24.95 for adults and $13.75 for children.
– Once you arrive, you will want to rent a golf cart to get around the island. No cars are aloud, so this will make the experience unique from the beginning.
– Try the Golf Cart with the GPS Scavenger hunt from Riverside Adventure Company. There are 12 preloaded destinations throughout the island for you to explore and discover during you visit.
– Explore Old Baldy, North Carolina’s oldest standing lighthouse. Challenge yourself to climb to the top for the amazing view, just 108 short steps.
– Lunch at MoJo’s, located on the main harbor on the water. They offer great food, drinks and a fun atmosphere for all to enjoy.
– Stop by the shops at Maritime Way. There are many options you will love that are unique to the area, but also selling your family favorites.
– Ready for a snack? Grab some ice cream at shop located in the Maritime Market.
– Discover the Bald Head Island Conservancy. Sponsor a Sea Turtle with your family name. Join in on one of the adventure programs, or maybe rent a kayak and explore untouched nature.
After a day of exploring, scavenger hunts, family adventure programs, and enjoying amazing ocean view and of course the oceanfront homes, time to head back to the marina and hop on the ferry. Once your feet touch mainland again, check out Southport for some more shopping and dinner. What a fun way to discover a new place. Time to head back “home” to The Strand Resort, where your vacation rental is waiting for another great memory to add to your family adventure, here in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.