Top 5 Souvenir Shops
There are so many great things to do on your Myrtle Beach vacation and seems like just not enough time to fit them all into one trip. But, you simply can't head home without visiting some of our souvenir shops so you can take home a piece of the beach with you. While staying at The Strand Resort, we have many places either within walking distance or a short drive down the boulevard to find that beachwear store or souvenir shop. Along the 1.3-mile Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, just down the road from The Strand Resort, you will find great retail shops, for gifts, specialty items or if you are looking to spoil yourself. Here is a top five list along the Boardwalk to get you started:
* Gay Dolphin Gift Cove: This massive, 26,000 square foot facility is a Myrtle Beach institution that is an icon on the Boardwalk. Open since 1946, the Gay Dolphin has been sending tourists home with knick-knacks and keepsakes for generations, with items ranging from everything like sharks teeth and postcards to artwork and jewelry. It's virtually impossible to browse through the three-story shop without stumbling upon something you want, and even if you come up empty you can climb to the top of the crow's nest for a spectacular view of downtown Myrtle Beach and the Atlantic Ocean.
* LandShark Surf Shack: Jimmy Buffett made a living out of singing songs about the beach, and now he has his very own surf shop only feet from the beach in the heart of the Boardwalk. Located at the base of the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel, LandShark offers a wide selection of souvenirs ranging from SkyWheel memorabilia to LandShark licensed gear by Buffett's own brand of brew. Enjoy a few cold ones and watch the SkyWheel light up the skyline at the adjoining bar and grill.
* Beach Creations: Take home a personalized item as a Myrtle Beach memento at this creative shop, which offers vinyl graphics and airbrush work featuring all the latest designs. In addition to the beach-themed images, Beach Creations allows shoppers to choose from a wide variety of gear - T-shirts, hats, hoodies, backpacks, car tags and more - so shoppers can design their own one-of-a-kind item.
* Tsunami Surf Shop: There are lots of beachwear stores and surf shops in Myrtle Beach, but Tsunami is the real deal. This regional chain claims to be the largest in the Carolinas, and it's hard to argue with the wide selection at Tsunami, which features all the major brands and some high-end fashions to go with the abundance of T-shirts, swimwear, sunglasses and surfboards.
* I Love Sugar: Bay View on the Boardwalk guests with a sweet tooth might want to visit this sugar shack at the start of their vacation. Featuring 6,000 square feet filled with every kind of candy imaginable, I Love Sugar allows patrons to stuff their bags with treats, like gummy bears, jelly beans and jaw-breakers, and pay by the pound at checkout. Be sure to snap a few selfies in front of the 65-foot mermaid mural made out of gummy sharks. The colorful neon exterior makes it hard to miss.
Head out for an evening or afternoon of shopping along the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and make sure to bring your entire family to carry your bags.